On October 19th, Rigs and Coffee will be leading an overland excursion to the Lost Forest area outside of Bend, Oregon. We will be meeting at EarthCruiser HQ at 10am for the briefing. Departure time is 11am. We ill have four guides on the trip so if you are just getting your feet wet or an experienced overlander, this trip is for you.
Limited spots available – email us at email@example.com to register
- Rigs and Coffee will only be 1 hour on Saturday October 19th
- Plan is to brief the group, and be on the trail by 11am
- Trail has some moderately technical terrain for the first few miles, then will turn into a wider dirt road track
- 4×4 and AWD is mandatory, and we will be airing down tires (bring an air compressor if you have one)
- Our final destination is the Lost Forest, where we will set up camp (we should arrive at camp around 4pm)
- The total distance from EarthCruiser to camp is approximately 100 miles
- There will be 4 experienced guides to help the group move along
- We will be camping close to the Christmas Valley sand dunes, and if you wish to drive your rig on them you must have a sand flag mounted 9’ in the air, and purchase an OHV permit for your rig (https://www.oregon.gov/oprd/atv/pages/permits.aspx)
- Some beer will be provided, but bring your own food.
- There is no water at the camp, so please bring enough for the day/night
- The trail run ends once we get to camp, how you decide to get home is up to you but there are paved roads giving you quick access (2 hours) back to Bend
- Summer Lake hot springs are only about 30 minutes away for anyone wanting to soak and camp there for the night